Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Angus Wee Beastie

Monday, November 14th will mark one year since Angus Wee Beastie (formerly Spunky) became a member of my little family and I can't begin to tell you how blessed I am to have him in my life. The name? I get asked about that a lot. For nearly a week after he came home with me, I couldn't come up with a name that "felt right." So in the meantime, he was dubbed "Wee Beastie". Eventually I hit upon Angus and it went so well with Wee Beastie, the whole thing sort of "stuck."

Angus is an absolute joy. He adores his "big sister" Freyja - stealing her favorite ball one minute and giving her thorough ear washings the next. He has such a bright little personality with a great big streak of stubborn thrown in to balance things out a bit. And Freyja is just as fond of Angus as he is of her - they are inseperable (and complete partners in crime). I half think the phrase "in cahoots" was invented just for them and of course I wouldn't have it any other way.

Favorite words: squirrel, num-num, park, ball, outside, kitty
Favorite things to do: snuggle, squeak toys, go to the park with Freyja, practice telepathy on mommy (you want to give me a treat, you want to give me a treat, you want to give me…)
Favorite treats: baby carrots, bully sticks
Favorite toys: the oldest, baldest tennis ball I can find
Tricks mommy makes me learn: sit, lay down, dead dog, high five, shake, beg

I can't thank the adoption coordinators or Angus's foster mom enough. They were very encouraging and supportive through the entire process and took my concerns about introducing a 2nd dog very seriously, which tells me that they have a real passion for what they do and for the dogs they save. So thank you… without you, my little family wouldn't be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment