Saturday, September 17, 2011

Ranger On Course

Ranger (adopted last April) and I have been having so much fun! I was looking for an activity to channel his energy and intelligence and agility seemed a good fit. We started classes last September and his first trial was this June. He has been in three NADAC Agility Trials and qualified three times - once in Hoopers and twice in Jumpers. He has a blast on course and does a happy leap in the air as the spirit moves him.

Many Novice dogs and many small dogs are initially uncomfortable working at a distance from the handler, but Ranger is quite willing to get out there and work away from me. This works out well, since he can move so much faster than I can! Currently we are working on his distance commands and obstacle discrimination so he can do more while I do less. This little guy is a perfect dog for a beginning agility handler - he makes me look good!

Thanks so much for bringing us this special dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment