Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Maddy

My life has always been a solitary one. When speaking with a friend a couple of years ago, it was mentioned that it was a shame that with all that I have seen and done in my life, that I dont have a "sidekick" to come along to bear witness. " You need a dog", she said. And she was right. After the untimely death of my best friend back in 2007, I had barely breathed a word to anyone. I decided that something needed to change, and thats when I took my friends advice more seriously, and began looking for a dog. But not just any dog would do. I had a long list of criteria, very little of which was flexible. Basically the dog needed be on the smaller side, athletic, short haired, not a barker, and not opposed to going absolutely everywhere with me. And even more importantly, the dog had to be a rescue. After looking through shelters, and online listings for nearly three months, I had the great fortune of finding People United for Pets, and soon thereafter "Maddy".
"Maddy" has been an absolute joy!!!! Since bringing her home, she and I havent been separated for more than a hour or two at a time. She goes jogging with me every morning, followed by traveling to all of my job sites ( Im a landscaper ), and on the weekends we go hiking together, or on an adventure to the farmers market or perhaps a street fair. She loves car rides, the beach, her squeaky toys, belly rubs, and naps with me on the couch. My employees have deemed her "Honorary Foreman", and have awarded her with her very own safety orange work vest. This fall "Maddy" will be helping me train new EMTs for search and rescue. I strongly support People United for Pets, and so should you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment