Friday, February 5, 2010

Pumpkin (aka Ping Ping)

In September, 2007 Pumpkin's new mom, Monica wrote.

I'm sorry I haven't written earlier, but Ping Ping/Sheba is doing just great. She seemed to know that this was her home right away, and has settled in very well. She looks to me with utter adoration when ever others are around.
We've decided to change her name to Pumpkin, as this seemed a way to make her my own dog. She loves riding in the car and settles so nicely on the seat beside me, and we go for walks around the neighborhood or around a
park in town by the river. I've decided to correct her knees as soon as possible-Dr. Demaris got her file from Dr. Fry-and we have had x-ray's taken of her knees to determine the degree of luxation and are going to operate on
her in November. I'll update you when I know more about it.

Ping Ping/ Pumpkin is a delightful little dog and I love her very much. She's obviously had a wonderful life before I got her, and she seems to have been well loved. I would love to know more about her previous life and owner-I can't begin to imagine what would bring someone to give up this sweet little dog.

Again I can't thank you and your organization enough for giving her to me, I feel extremely lucky to have her in my life, she's a very sweet girl.

A few weeks later from her first update, Monica wrote again to tell us how great of a dog her little Pumpkin is.

Pumpkin is doing wonderfully. She's a perfect pet for us and we love her
very much. She's an absolute love and just perfect. She's settled in very well, and looks to me with love all the time. She looks for me if I'm not there, and then jumps for joy when I return to the room. She comes with me to the espresso stand so as to get acouple of treats there. I still can't believe Pumpkin's really mine, she so sweet and loving and gentle; she just melts into my arms and loves hugs and kisses (which she gets all the time!). Thank you so very much for our dearest dog!

In June, 2008 this wonderful update was sent from Monice.
Pumpkin has turned into a wonderful sweet, charming little dog. My Dad, sister and I just love her and thank our lucky stars for finding her. I had her knees fixed in November and January, and since then she has done great, running about and learning to stand on her back legs. I don't think she'll ever be a hopper but that is great with me, but she loves to get treats out of my hands and so will now jump for them.

She really is just the sweetest dog ever, with such winsome ways. With her large eyes, and large ears, she looks like a little angel. When I take her out, she can hardly wait to get out and she barks at everything for the first few minutes, then settles down into just barking at birds or other dogs-she still has no idea she's a little dog-and then eventually she quiets down, and walks nicely with me. She still loves to settle in beside me in the evenings to watch tv, and curls up with me in bed-so nice to have this past winter!! I have a friend who does agility training with her dogs, and Pumpkin loves to go play with her friends-telling them what to do, etc-and even likes some of the low jumps, but most of the equipment unnerves her, but we just do some jumps, especially now that her legs are good.

I want to thank everyone at People United For Pets again for giving me such a wonderful little companion, my life is the richer for her presence in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment