Friday, February 5, 2010

Trixie (aka Vanna)

In May, 2008 Claudia wrote to tell us how well Vanna (now Trixie) has adapted to her new family.

My family and I feel so fortunate to have adopted Trixie (aka Vanna) from PUP in January! Trixie Marie has become the most beloved member of our family with each of us forming a strong bond with her! She loves my two boys and even plays with our two cats!

The transition from her foster home to our permanent home went smoothly as her foster family was very kind and gentle with her. Trixie cried for a short time and then became intrigued by her new surroundings. After lifting her a few times onto my bed, I thought it would be best to buy her some steps so she can sleep in her favorite spot! She loves everyday life with her new family and keeps active with our busy "outdoor" lifestyle!

Our experience with People United for Pets was such a positive one that I would (and have!) recommended their adoption program to all those I have come in contact with! Thank you to all the wonderful people in your organization who have provided temporary homes for animals, giving them hope for a happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment