Thursday, February 4, 2010

Vinnie and Luigi (aka Mr. Tumnus)

Joanne wrote to tell us about not one PUP Happy Tail, but about two Happy Tails!

How wonderful to be able to add my tale to your Happy Tails. After adopting 2 feral kitties, who were finally settling down and becoming secure and happy, I decided it was time to add a dog to our lives. I adopted Vinnie early in July, and we have loved each other from day one. Vinnie was sad to leave his PUPS foster home, where he had a dog family to play with, but he adjusted quickly to living with me. After their initial skepticism, Vinnie and the cats got along well…Vinnie even plays with Zippy, the braver cat. After a week or so, it became clear to me that Vinnie could use a dog friend (cats are fun, but they tend to get up where you can't reach them when they are finished playing---that's not fair!) On the recommendation of the PUPS folks, Vinnie and I met Mr. Tumnus, and it was immediately clear he was a good match for Vinnie. I have changed Mr. Tumnus' name to Luigi, so my two Italians now play and run together. Vinnie is the clown; he hides in the bushes and
then runs out into the yard to "surprise" Luigi, who knew where he was all the time. They are both good with the cats and are affectionate, easy boys. I'm grateful for the help and guidance I received from the PUPS staff that made this transition to a bigger family so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment