Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Emma

After losing our 14 year old beagle, Amy, and our 10 year old lab, Maggie, in the span of 11 months, we found ourselves dogless for the first time in 17 years. A month went by with no dog in our house and we just knew we wanted to open our home to another dog. I found PUP on Google, and I can't even remember what the search terms were. We initially put in papers to adopt a puggle, but since I work during the day, it didn't seem like a good fit for this particular dog. We went to an adoption event and my husband immediately fell in love with "Maddie," a terrier mix. I liked her because she immediately climbed into my husband's lap within minutes of meeting her. I also thought she looked like she had a bit of beagle in her. She was very shy at first, and it was fun to watch her get more comfortable in our home, making her boundaries even wider as the days went on. She's still a little fearful of unfamiliar noises and people, but she is a bundle of joy and we couldn't be
happier to have found our "Emma."

No comments:

Post a Comment