Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ripley (Earl)

In a couple of weeks, we will have had our newest family member for a whole year. It is hard to remember a time before this bossy little guy came into our lives.

Ripley keeps us laughing all the time. He walks right up to you and growls to let you know when he has a need you have failed to anticipate and meet promptly. He is the most stubborn dog...the more you want him to do something, the less likely it is he will do it.

Most of the time he is the most fearless dog and you believe he could actually be a watch dog in a small package...but then you turn on the fireplace which he is terrified of for some reason and he is on your lap begging for protection.

At night, my husband and I rush to get to the "Ripley Chair" first because we want to get all the night time snuggles. Ripley rolls over on his back between your legs and stretches out for a long belly rub...very hard not to smile with an adorable dog tummy up on your lap!<G>

Our last dog, Alex, was a big daddy's dog. So I love hearing my husband in the other room petting Ripley and telling him that he is his "Little Buddy". So while I have given up really ever convincing Ripley that I am Alpha to him, I am totally in love with him and love that my husband is too.

Thanks PUP!

No comments:

Post a Comment